We attended the Salesforce conference in Toronto's Metro Convention Centre held on June 19th, 2013.
Initially we thought that Salesforce is just going to show us some of the new features and functionality of their CRM products but our perception changed after attending the conference. To our surprise, Salesforce is not just a CRM product anymore. They have bought a bunch of other sales, marketing, and social media companies and is now a behemoth like Google for all major industries.
Following companies were acquired by Salesforce and they fit right in with their vision:
1) ExactTarget: Offers marketing automation, email, mobile, social, and personalized web solutions.
2) Data.com: A huge database of leads and contacts from all industries.
3) Marketing Cloud: Run on Radian6 platform, this product offers social media marketing suite for your business
4) Chatter: A social intranet for Salesforce community for engagement, collobration, and sharing ideas
5) Force.com: A platform for creating and deploying applications for your business. No servers or software is required deploy your business mobile applicaiton.
6) appexchange: Much like Apple's App Store, Salesforce has one of its own now. You can now buy apps for your business and integrate with your Salesforce environment. You can also develop apps and use this platform to sell to other businesses.
All the above mentioned products places Salesforce on top for end to end sales and marketing needs for your business. Bravo!!