We are looking for an User Interface Designer who is passionate about working in digital and interactive media. Thriving in a team environment, your goal is to create brilliant interfaces and memorable digital designs. Your interest in UXD and how it relates to UI shows through your desire for ‘pixel perfect’ execution across all browsers and platforms.
Understanding usability, you create delightful audience experiences in both mobile and web interfaces. With strong communication skills, you’re able to translate business objectives into web or mobile interface design solutions and are capable of ensuring a consistent, professional and fluid experience for end users.
You can continually analyze and improve information architecture, building seamless solutions for existing and newly developed content management systems, mobile applications, microsites, digital campaigns, mass mailing solutions, and digital marketing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engagement in client meetings to discuss user interface strategy and functionality
- Understanding and subsequent design of user interface & requirements
- Participation in team meetings and kick off sessions with development teams
- Wireframing and mock-ups for proposed UI designs
- Interface Design for applications
- Ongoing revision of design based on client feedback
- Ability to create files that are well organized, complete, and easy for others to edit
Required Skills and Qualifications
- University or college degree/diploma in a related field preferred
- Fluency in many aspects of digital design
- 1-5 years professional development, work placements or related industry experience.
- Proficient in Photoshop and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite
- An understanding of the creative process
- Open to self-taught designers, digital designers as a second career, and/or visual artists interested in digital design
- A team player that enjoys collaborating and working in groups
- Usability, Accessibility, Use Cases, and Web Standards
- Able to take direction and adapt to company processes